The application period for this position has closed.
Title: Theatre Director
Reports to: Executive Director Status: Full-time, Exempt
PositionSummary: Manage facility operations and lead programming and event booking. Oversee the overall success of the theatre operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, negotiate, contract and oversee innovative programs (including rental events) for the theatre that not only increases outreach to the community but also assists in sustaining the theatre financially. Confer with Executive Director regarding bookings and rental agreements throughout negotiations and prior to booking.
- Assure that all contractual agreements are being met and that any possible concessions are reviewed and implemented when possible after discussions with all parties.
- Supervise Technical Director and obtain all technical information related to any and all attractions by contacting all parties well in advance of their arrival. Work directly with the attraction to evaluate technical and staging needs.
- Work with a program consultant to assist in booking major acts and touring shows, during first year of operation.
- Ensure that all event invoicing maintain financial integrity.
- Network with local, regional and national prospective renters to build relationships that benefit the theatre.
- Under the direction of the HCHTA, book venue-promoted touring shows, kids educational programs, movies and more.
- Perform financial settlements and evaluations with all touring shows.
- Review all theatre financial statements, and understand and be able to communicate the impact of the building’s operations.
- Develop capital improvements budget and regular maintenance budget and see that improvements and maintenance are complete and the building is properly maintained.
- Supervise and train Box Office, Concessions and Front of House staff to ensure that all events exceed the high standards of the HCHTA.
- Perform staff annual reviews.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to determine marquee and facility-specific advertising such as signage, banners and posters.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and three or more years experience in event planning implementation and management, desired. Two or more years of experience in booking touring shows, preferred Extensive experience and deep understanding of theatre operations, equipment, functions and resources. Minimum of three years supervisory experience. Strong computer skills, financial aptitude and budgeting experience. Strong negotiation, organizational and prioritization skills, and effective planning skills. Excellent writing, communication, people and presentation skills; and present a professional image. Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented. Possess a strong work ethic and work well under pressure. Ability to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described in this position description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit and may lift objects up to 50 pounds. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
This position description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com by September 15, 2015.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Peoples Bank Theatre is managed by the Hippodrome/Colony Historical Theatre Association peoplesbanktheatre.com