Annual Christmas Tree Auction & Holiday Gala
We invite you to join us for our second annual Christmas tree auction to benefit the Hippodrome/Colony Historical Theatre Association. This event helps support the HCHTA’s preservation of our historic theatre and its continued mission to bring the performing arts and interactive arts education experiences to our community.
Trees and wreaths will be on display Monday, November 19 through Friday, November 30 at Peoples Bank Theatre, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding Thanksgiving. No admission is charged for viewing the trees during this time. The auction takes place Saturday, December 1 at 7:30 p.m. with an auction preview and cocktail hour beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Auction & Gala Schedule • Saturday, December 1
- 6:30 p.m. – Auction preview & cocktail hour
- 7:30 p.m. – Auction
- 8:30 p.m. – Music & Reception
Call for Trees & Wreaths!
Register to create a tree or wreath by November 9. Submit your registration to Chuck Swaney, Theatre Manager, by November 9. Trees must be delivered to Peoples Bank Theatre on November 18. Download and complete our form or REGISTER ONLINE.
Each person who contributes a tree or wreath will receive two (2) complimentary tickets to the gala and auction. This event helps support the HCHTA and its mission to preserve our historic theatre and bring great art and entertainment to our community.
- Trees should be no larger than 8’ in height.
- Decorated items should be appropriate for public display
- Please attach all decorations safely and securely
- Items will be moved several times throughout the process. Please make sure any and all decorations are installed to travel.
- Items should be designed to travel through a 36”w x 80”h opening
- NO live trees or wreaths.
- Passiflora Studio is available for consultations and decorating services (740-350-4905).