There are many ways you can contribute to Peoples Bank Theatre and support the work of the Hippodrome / Colony Historical Theatre Association. Ticket sales only cover two thirds of the theatre’s annual operations. We rely on the support of a variety of donors, large and small, to make up the difference and support the programs we present each year. We invite you to explore the ways you can get involved:
- Donate! Make a one-time or recurring gift to the Hippodrome / Colony Historical Theatre Association.
- Support with an Endowment Gift We just received notice that the matching funds from the Foundation For Appalachian Ohio’s for the Peoples Bank Theatre endowment fund have run out, but we are very appreciative of this special opportunity. Thanks to the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio and the very generous support by our contributors, we were able to raise over $110,000! A great statement by our supporters in such difficult times. We certainly hope to be operating under normal circumstances soon!
- Become an Annual Member of Peoples Bank Theatre.
- Sponsor a Seat in the theatre.
- Sponsor a Show on our stage.
- Advertise your business or organization in our biannual playbill.
- Help us Set the Stage for the Future with an endowment campaign contribution.
- Become a Peoples Bank Theatre volunteer.
For nearly a century, our historic theatre has been shining jewel in the cultural landscape of Marietta and the Mid Ohio Valley.
Built in 1919 as the Hippodrome, our theatre could accommodate the largest touring productions of its day and was the city’s first theatre to feature talking films. Renovated and renamed The Colony in 1949, the theatre played host to some of the era’s biggest names in country music. In 1957 the theatre hosted the World Premiere of Universal International’s Battle Hymn, starring Rock Hudson as Marietta native son Dean Hess.
Generations of Marietta area residents made memories here until the theatre’s closure in 1986. Thirty years later, after a $7.5m restoration, the theatre reopened in January 2016, thanks to the investment of Peoples Bank and support from the Marietta community, led by the nonprofit Hippodrome / Colony Historic Theatre Association.
Welcoming more than 100,000 guests since reopening in 2016, Peoples Bank Theatre is today, once again, the premier performing arts venue in our region, making lasting memories for a new generation.