There are many ways you can contribute to Peoples Bank Theatre and support the work of the Hippodrome / Colony Historical Theatre Association. We invite you to explore the options below.
- Donate! Make a one-time or recurring gift to the Hippodrome / Colony Historical Theatre Association.
- Become an annual Member of Peoples Bank Theatre.
- Sponsor a Seat in the theatre.
- Sponsor a Show on our stage.
- Advertise your business or organization in our biannual playbill.
- Help us Set the Stage for the Future with an endowment campaign contribution.
- Become a Peoples Bank Theatre volunteer.
For nearly a century, our historic theatre has a been shining jewel in the cultural landscape of Marietta and the Mid Ohio Valley.
Built in 1919 as the Hippodrome, our theatre could accommodate the largest touring productions of its day and was the city’s first theatre to feature talking films. Renovated and renamed The Colony in 1949, the theatre played host to some of the era’s biggest names in country music. In 1957 the theatre hosted the World Premiere of Universal International’s Battle Hymn, starring Rock Hudson as Marietta native son Dean Hess.
Generations of Marietta area residents made memories here until the theatre’s closure in 1986. Thirty years later, after a $7.5m restoration, the theatre reopened in January, 2016, thanks to the investment of Peoples Bank and support from the Marietta community, led by the nonprofit Hippodrome / Colony Historic Theatre Association.
Welcoming more than 100,000 guests since reopening in 2016, Peoples Bank Theatre is today, once again, the premiere performing arts venue in our region, making lasting memories for a new generation.