The historic Peoples Bank Theatre has been a major force in the cultural scene of Marietta, Ohio, for generations. Opened May 9, 1919, as the new Hippodrome Theatre and later renovated and renamed as The Colony Theatre in 1949, Peoples Bank Theatre today hosts the widest variety of live entertainment in the region in a beautifully renovated 940-seat facility, located at Putnam and Third streets in the heart of historic downtown Marietta.
The management of the theatre and its preservation is led by the Hippodrome/Colony Historical Theatre Association, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. For more than a decade, the HCHTA worked to restore the theatre to its former glory. With the $7.5 million restoration project complete, Peoples Bank Theatre reopened its doors on January 8, 2016 with a full schedule of concerts, theatrical performances and film events.
You can support the work of HCHTA and the preservation of Peoples Bank Theatre as a volunteer, by sponsoring one or more reproductions of our 1920s-era seats, making a special gift, or sponsoring a part of the theatre itself.