MARIETTA, OHIO IS IN THE RUNNING FOR THE SMALL BUSINESS REVOLUTION MAIN STREET CONTEST WHERE OUR COMMUNITY HAS THE CHANCE TO WIN $500,000 AND TO BE FEATURED ON SEASON 2 OF SBR’S HULU SERIES.
Is this the first you’ve heard of this?
The Small Business Revolution visited to Marietta on January 6th for a First Friday chock full of celebration, community building, interviewing, photographing, filming, laughter, and downtown Marietta, OH lovin’ that continued all the way into January 7th.
Our community is lucky to have so much to celebrate, and we are grateful to have the chance to share a piece of our story with The Small Business Revolution team.
The Small Business Revolution completed their tour of visiting all eight towns on the shortlist, down from 14,000 nominations. On the morning of February 9th, SBR will announce the finalists still in the running for $500,000 and to be featured on the 2nd season of their Hulu series.
1. February 9th: Find Out if Marietta is a Finalist
We will find out if Marietta is a finalist between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. on February 9th, either via the SBR website and a Facebook Live or via a national media outlet as part of SBR’s national media publicity tour where Amanda Brinkman and Robert Herjavec will be discussing SBR, the Main Street Contest, and each of the 8 towns.
2. February 9th to February 16th: Vote for Marietta, OH Every Single Day
Voting is as follows: Each person can cast one vote per day, per device, per web browser. So, let’s say you have 1 desktop, 1 laptop, 1 cell phone, and 1 tablet. Each device currently has 3 different web browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome). That means that you, as one person, would be able to cast 12 votes per day through 9 p.m. on February 16th.
All voting is online-only, from February 9th to February 16th only, and only through the Small Business Revolution website: smallbusinessrevolution.org
3. February 22nd: Winner Announced
The Small Business Revolution team will announce the winner of the contest on February 22nd. The goal is for SBR to host a live announcement event where each finalist community will gather at a selected location. Stay tuned for details!
How you can help…
- Vote for Marietta, OH every single day from February 9th to February 16th on every device you have in every browser you have.
- Encourage as many people in your network to also vote for Marietta, Ohio daily, on each device, on each browser. This is a nationwide vote, so help us reach far and wide to rack up the votes for Marietta!
- Share your #MyMarietta story on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter about why people should vote for Marietta. What makes Marietta so special? What impact do you think The Small Business Revolution could have on downtown? What are your favorite things about Marietta?